WEST COAST DOLPHINS MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of West Coast Dolphins is to enable young people to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment. Through this active participation, West Coast Dolphins programs teach fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives.
West Coast Dolphins seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, West Coast Dolphins seeks to familiarize players and spirit participants with the fundamentals of football, cheerleading and dance. West Coast Dolphins strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship and physical fitness.
• To encourage and increase youth participation in football, cheerleading and dance.
• To ensure a safe and positive playing environment for all participants.
• To instill life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior work ethic in the classroom and on the playing field.
• West Coast Dolphins programs have no tryouts or cutting of rosters.
• Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play.
• On-field coaching is allowed for younger age levels.
• Individual awards are given only for academic excellence, and for on-field activities.
Safe Playing Environment
• Players are matched by age levels.
• There are strict mandatory equipment requirements.
• West Coast Dolphins provides Coaching Clinics and Risk Management Training.
• An enforced national rule book incorporates time-tested rules.
• A full-time executive staff supports all local associations and assists in sound policy creation.